MeLCat Statewide Catalog
The MeLCat Statewide Catalog is the centralized union catalog and resource sharing project created to share materials among all types of libraries in Michigan, regardless of the local circulation system they use. MeLCat contains up-to-date holdings from all participating libraries. While the ability to search MeLCat is open to everyone, only eligible patrons from participating libraries may request materials to be delivered to their home libraries.
Who's in MeLCat now? Please see Participating MeLCat Libraries.
- Library participation is voluntary
- Holdings are updated frequently
- Libraries’ holdings for the same title are brought together
- Holdings regardless of the library automation system used by the participating libraries
- Records for statewide licensed resources
- EBSCO ebooks
- Full-text journals
- Holdings of unautomated libraries
- Book reviews, tables of contents and cover art, when possible
MeLCat does not replace a local integrated library system (ILS).
As of November 2013, there are 431 libraries live on MeLCat:
- Academic: 51
- Public: 330
- School (K-12): 31
- Combined Public/School: 10
- Special: 9
There are 13,853,889 Bibliographic records in MeLCat after matching/merging. (Data as of July 2013)
There are 48,063,983 Items in MeLCat. (Data as of July 2013; provided by vendor on a quarterly basis)
New libraries are added regularly. If your library would like to join MeLCat, see Participation.
MeL is made possible by grant funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) administered by the State of Michigan through the Library of Michigan. Additional funding is provided by the State of Michigan.